AppZen’s Mastermind platform provides a robust, standards-based integration tool for invoice auditing that we call AppZen Connect. It’s a proprietary middleware technology that allows AppZen to develop robust API connectors that work straight out of the box. Using our multi-point, scalable integration layer, we have developed a bi-directional integration with Workday Integration Cloud that seamlessly interacts with standard Workday APIs. AppZen Connect includes real-time monitoring and alert features for all invoice data transfers between AppZen's platform and your Autonomous AP environment.
For Autonomous AP, the connector supports a real-time transfer of the following data: chart of accounts, business entities, suppliers, payment terms, and purchase orders.
High-level integration architecture
This diagram illustrates the high-level integration between Workday and AppZen’s Autonomous AP services.
Autonomous AP integration
We provide a bi-directional integration between Workday Financial Management and the AppZen invoice audit engine.
- The Autonomous AP integration uses batch file transfer for historical data, which is then used for AI training and system configuration.
- In almost all data objects, our integration framework uses Workday APIs to synchronize master data and transactional data.
Transactional data integration between AppZen and Workday for invoices
Key process flows
- Workday is the system of record for all master data, transferred hourly to AppZen so it is always up to date.
- Master data consists of payment terms, suppliers, chart of accounts (COA), entities (organizations), and purchase orders, which flow in one direction, from Workday to AppZen.
- Invoice data flows are bi-directional. Once invoices are fully processed (after ingestion, coding, matching, validations, and AI audit), they are then transmitted to Workday. A status report on the success or failure of the ingestion of invoices into Workday is then transmitted to AppZen. Invoices created directly in Workday are transmitted to AppZen in order to process audit requirements, such as duplicate checks.
- Changes in status for each invoice in Workday are synced back to the AppZen workbench so users and AP staff can easily reconcile both systems.
Frequently asked questions
Does AppZen support custom Worktags?
Yes, we support custom Worktags.
Does AppZen become the system of record for any accounts payable data?
No, Workday is always the system of record. AppZen operates as a subsystem of Workday.
How frequently is master data synchronized from Workday into AppZen?
Master data is synchronized hourly.
How long does it take to implement Autonomous AP with Workday?
The typical implementation time is 6-8 weeks. This includes time for discovery, education, receiving historical data, configuration, and validation of the integration.
What IT resources are required to integrate AppZen with Workday?
For each integration, only the business process owner (expense and payables) and a single, certified Workday specialist are required. No IT staff are required.