AppZen’s Mastermind platform provides a robust, standards-based integration tool for expenses that we call AppZen Connect. It’s a proprietary middleware technology that allows AppZen to develop robust API connectors that work straight out of the box. Using our multi-point, scalable integration layer, we have developed a bi-directional integration with Workday Integration Cloud that seamlessly interacts with standard Workday APIs. AppZen Connect includes real-time monitoring and alert features for all expense transaction data transfers between AppZen's platform and your Expense Audit environment.
For Expense Audit, the connector supports the transfer of the following data: expense reports, audit status, companies, users, and user hierarchy.
High-level integration architecture
This diagram illustrates the high-level integration between Workday and AppZen’s Expense Audit services.
Expense Audit integration
We provide a bi-directional integration between Workday Financial Management and the Expense Audit engine. The out-of-the-box configuration includes the following components: Four custom reports that are created in Workday and exposed as web services; and two, related processes, delivered as .clar files and deployed into the customer’s Workday instance.
Transactional data integration between AppZen and Workday for expenses
Key process flows
- Employee submission of an expense report triggers a process in Workday that will hold the report in the workflow. Expense report details are read and a JSON payload is created. This JSON is then submitted to the Appzen API along with receipt images and other information.
- An expense report audit then occurs in AppZen.
- AppZen calls the Workday Approval API and shares the report’s status, whether approved or denied. The expense report workflow then progresses accordingly.
Creating the integration system user “AppZen-API-User”
Preparing processes in Workday Studio
Integration security measures
- We support OAuth 2.0 authentication. We also support TLS 1.2 or later algorithms and encryption with AES256.
- AppZen’s Workday expense integration gains access to Workday through a specially-defined AppZen user. This user is granted very granular data access and can only access fields needed for AppZen processing. The remaining sensitive fields are not accessible.
Frequently asked questions
How long does it take to implement AppZen Expense Audit with Workday?The typical implementation time is about 3-4 weeks. This includes time for discovery, education, receiving historical data, configuration, and validation of the integration.
What IT resources are required to integrate AppZen with Workday?
For each integration, only the business process owner and a single, certified Workday specialist are required. No IT staff are needed.
Please see AppZen’s help documentation for more information.